The system requirements for running Yenka on a Windows PC are:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Pentium III, 1 GHz or higher
- 256MB RAM (with virtual memory switched on)
- Graphics card with OpenGL support and up-to-date drivers. We recommend at least 32MB of graphics card memory.
- 16-bit soundcard optional
The system requirements for running Yenka on an Apple Mac are:
- OS X 10.4 or later
- 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 or higher, or any Intel Mac
- 256MB RAM
As Yenka is a complex program that combines both 2D and 3D graphics into a single simulator, its performance may vary significantly, depending on the hardware specification of your PC.
The most effective way to increase performance is to upgrade your graphics card. Ideally, your graphics card should have its own graphics memory, rather than using shared system memory. In addition to this, there are a number of graphics cards that have known issues with Yenka. Please consult our known issues section to find out more about these.
To get the most out of your hardware, you should ensure that you have the most up-to-date driver software. This is especially important for graphics drivers, where improvements to the driver may have a significant impact on your 3D graphics performance.
Other than upgrading your graphics card, adding more memory is the best way to improve performance, particularly if your computer is at or near the system requirements.