Yenka Sequences is an innovative tool for introducing computer control and programming. Control dancers by making simple flowcharts, and learn about sequences of instructions, loops and functions.
Modelling a dance routine is a great way to learn about computer programming. Both require a set of steps to be carried out in the right order.
Loops can be used to repeat steps, and a chorus routine is ideal for teaching about functions.
Yenka Sequences is free to use at home or school.
To get your school copy, here's what you do:
- Log in or register, then add the free 'Sequences' product to your account. You'll find it by clicking "Free School Licences", in section 2.
- Follow the instructions to download, install and activate Yenka Sequences.
To use Yenka Sequences at home, simply download Yenka - all of our Yenka products are free to use at home.
Yenka Programming is our main product for learning about computing and programming.
It includes everything that's in Yenka Sequences, and a wide range of other features, too:
- Add music for your characters to dance to - choose from 23 built-in tracks, or import your own, and synchronise the dancers;
- Import 3D models, including those from Google's free Sketchup Warehouse;
- Create your own animations to use, and control them using flowchart programs
- Use new commands, including...
- define and test variables, and use them in mathematical expressions;
- event handlers, to start your program when on-screen events happen;
- commands to set and read the properties of on-screen animations.
It's available free to use at home, but if you want to use it in school you have to purchase a licence.