Physical Properties of Liquids
Added by Dr. Andrew Pulham on Dec 15, 2008
This activity shows that different substances can be characterised by their physical properties, such as density, melting point, etc. Experiments provided investigate the physical properties of some liquids, and then encourage students to use the internet to identify an unknown substance by its physical properties.
This item teaches:
- about melting and boiling points as characteristic properties of substances
- about density as a characteristic property of a substance
- To characterise different liquids by their physical properties
- To identify an unknown liquid by its physical properties
- External link: searchable periodic table: http://chemlab.pc.maricopa.edu/periodic/periodic.html
- Periodic Table
- Inorganic Chemistry
- physical, density, boiling point, melting point
- 1,691 times
- Related Items
- This Author
Properties of Ionic Materials
This activity investigates the physical properties that are ...
The periodic table: some transition metals
An interactive animation showing some of the transition meta...
States of Matter
The activity helps students to investigate the properties as...
Ionic, covalent and metallic (melting points)
Learn how the melting and boiling points change between ioni...
This activity investigates how temperature changes when a su...
Identifying Unknown Compounds 2
This activity guides pupils through the logical steps requir...
Percentage Composition and Empirical Formulae
This activity reinforces the concept that when a substance c...
Energy Changes in Reactions (2)
This activity investigates a series of reactions by measurin...
Energy Transfer in Reactions 1
This activity shows that monitoring the temperature change d...
Periodicity in Group 7
This activity focuses on the study of halogens (Group 7 of t...