Mass Changes During Chemical Reactions
Added by Dr. Andrew Pulham on Dec 15, 2008
This activity investigates the mass changes that take place when a selection of chemical reactions take place. Experiments are constructed to show mass changes when elements combine with oxygen, during metal-metal salt reactions and when metal carbonates decompose. Conservation of mass during chemical reactions is also reinforced.
This item teaches:
- about examples that demonstrate the conservation of mass in chemical reactions
- about the conservation of total mass in chemical reactions
- abuot the formation of oxides from substances burning in air
- To investigate the mass changes when elements combine with oxygen
- To investigate the mass changes during metal-metal salt reactions
- To investigate the mass changes when metal carbonates decompose
- To reinforce the fact that mass is conserved during chemical reactions
- Chemical Reactions
- Inorganic Chemistry
- carbonate, thermal, decomposition, conservation, change, combustion
- 3,789 times
- Related Items
- This Author
Energy Transfer in Reactions 1
This activity shows that monitoring the temperature change d...
Calcium Carbonate Reaction Rate Change
This activity shows how the speed of a chemical reaction cha...
Learn what a chemical change is.
Learn about combustion.
Mass Changes in Chemical Reactions
This activity aims to show that atoms and mass are conserved...
Rate of Reaction Simulation
The aim of this activity is to simulate the real problems as...
Salt Preparation Methods 1
This activity uses information on solubilities and reactions...
Reactions of the Alkali Metals
The aim of this activity is to revise bonding in metals. Th...
Energy Changes in Reactions (1)
This activity investigates the energy changes that occur dur...
Effect of Concentration on Rate of Reaction (1)
This activity investigates the reaction between calcium carb...