- Click and (while still pressing the mouse button) drag your source vessel over the destination vessel (the one to which you want to add the contents).
- If the contents of the source vessel can be transferred, and if the destination vessel can accept those contents (and has enough space to), the pour-cursor will appear.
- Release the mouse button.
- The entire contents of the source vessel are transferred to the destination vessel.
Reaction details for most pieces of glassware, electrodes and lumps are opened from their toolbars. This continuously monitors the object, displaying any reaction currently taking place or listing the chemicals present.
- The Reaction details may change as reactions are completed or as new chemicals are added to a vessel.
- Completed reactions are only displayed for a limited time.
- If the vessel is object of a cell, the overall cell reaction is displayed.
- If the object is an electrode, the appropriate half-reaction is displayed and the electrode identified as either an anode or a cathode.
- You can resize the Reaction details if necessary by dragging the resize control.
Click the button in the bottom left of the window to expand the Reaction details to the full Reaction details.
The burette is designed to dispense liquids accurately and is particularly useful for carrying out titrations. It has a fixed volume of 50 ml, measured to the nearest 0.01 ml.
Use the slider next to the burette to control the flow of liquid. The flow rate ranges from 0 (off) to 1 (fully on). You may also release the liquid one drop at a time by setting the flow rate to 0 (off) and then pressing the Add drop button once for each drop of liquid you wish to add.
The volume of liquid in the burette is always displayed.